With promises of cheap rates and one-click buying options, shopping for insurance online can seem too good to be true. But buyer beware, sometimes it is. When shopping for insurance, you often do so to protect some of the most significant assets you have; your car, home, business, and, most importantly, your family. As you may consult an attorney before signing a contract or creating an estate plan, so should you consider an independent insurance professional when protecting your livelihood.
What is an independent insurance agent? Independent agents like Elliott, Powell, Baden, and Baker work with multiple insurance companies to offer a broad range of insurance products to meet customer needs. Here are some benefits of working with a local independent insurance agent:
1. They Provide One Stop Shopping. One of the biggest benefits to working with an independent insurance agent is having them shop the insurance marketplace for you. With access to multiple companies, an independent insurance agent can compare rates and coverage types among multiple companies at once, saving you both time and money.
2. They Are Licensed Professionals – Home, auto, and business insurance can be tricky to navigate. Independent insurance agents can explain the complexities of insurance in simple terms, helping you make smart decisions. They are adept at assessing their customer’s insurance needs and matching them with the insurance carrier best equipped to meet those needs.
3. They Are Your Advocate. If you have ever experienced a car accident or a burst pipe in your home, you know the last thing you want is to deal with the frustrating 1-800 menus, call-back numbers, and complicated insurance jargon from a large call center. An independent agent is available to you when you need them. Whether it’s a billing question, a claim concern, or a significant event, your agent can be your advocate, working with the insurance company on your behalf.
4. They Are Your Neighbors. Local independent insurance agents live, work, and play in the city you call home. Unlike a national insurance company, a local independent agent has direct knowledge of the risks of living in your particular area and are more adept at finding the right coverage to protect your assets.
5. They Provide An Exceptional Customer Experience. That’s what we strive for at EPB&B insurance. From the first phone call, advising on appropriate coverages, to helping navigate the claims process, we want to make insurance easy for our customers. With 24/7 customer service and a real person answering the phone, relationships with our customers is a top priority for the team at EPB&B Insurance.
Contact us for more information on how the team at EPB&B can help you with your insurance needs