The holidays are in full swing, but things look a little different this year. COVID restrictions, financial stress, and the inability to spend the holidays with loved ones have made it more difficult to be jolly this season. Without the big holiday parties, festive family gatherings, and anticipated visits to Santa’s workshop, this year more than ever, we need to rely on each other to spread some holiday magic. This season, please join the team at Elliott, Powell, Baden, and Baker in paying it forwards by extending kindness to others in our communities. Here are twelve simple ideas that we think are just as much fun to give as to receive. Despite the challenges this year, there are no restrictions placed on kindness.
- Let someone go in front of you in the checkout line.
- Smile at five strangers.
- Send a thank you note to your local police or fire station.
- Send a gratitude email to a coworker.
- Leave treats on your doorstep or delivery people.
- Pay for the car behind you at the drive thru.
- Pick up litter on your afternoon walk.
- Compliment the next three people you see.
- Thank a medical profession for their service. (Couldn’t do this year without them!)
- Leave a candy cane on a windshield with a positive message.
- Let the other person take the closer parking spot.
- Tell your family and friends how much you love them.
Wishing you all a safe, happy, and kind holiday season.