Commercial auto insurance for small businesses

Many small businesses in Oregon need commercial auto insurance to protect from accidents and other unforseen events that involve their work vehicles. Commercial auto insurance helps protect your business by covering vehicles owned by and used in your business, such as cars, trucks and vans, and liability for their use. Commercial auto insurance protects your business against liability for damages caused by accidents involving your business autos and provides certain compensation to occupants injured in accidents. If your business owns vehicles, a commercial auto insurance policy can provide valuable financial protection to you, your business and your employees. At Elliott, Powell, Baden & Baker we have a diverse team of expert insurance professionals with the experience and understanding of the needs of a small business owner.  Our access to quality insurance products  allows EPB&B the ability to provide quality, cost effective commercial auto insurance to most any type of business , from large multi-state operations to local artisan shops.  Here are some of the commercial vehicles we insure: 

  • Company Cars: Vehicles owned or leased by a business and used for business-related activities.Vehicles driven by employees or used for business activities, such as visiting clients or making deliveries, usually need commercial auto insurance. Personal auto insurance may not cover vehicles used for work purposes.
  • Delivery Vehicles: Trucks, vans, or cars used for delivering goods or services. 
  • Commercial Trucks: This includes trucking such as  box trucks, flatbed trucks, tow trucks, and tractor-trailers.
  • Utility Vehicles: Vehicles used for various utility services such as plumbing, electrical work, and landscaping,  
  • Service Vehicles: Vehicles used for service-oriented businesses such as HVAC repair, locksmithing, and pest control.
  • Construction Vehicles: Trucks and heavy equipment used in the construction industry, such as dump trucks, and cement mixers.
  • Specialty Vehicles: Vehicles modified for specific business needs, such as food trucks, ice cream trucks, and mobile pet grooming vans.
  • PUBLIC LIVERY:  Any vehicle used to transport people or goods for a fee must be insured by a commercial auto policy. This includes taxis, limousines and non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) vehicles. Some ridesharing vehicles might require commercial coverage.

It’s important to note that coverage specifics can vary depending on the insurance carrier and the terms of the policy.  Let the team at EPB&B help find the right Commercial auto policy to fit your business needs . 

Share this blog -