Get a quote

Personal Insurance
Commercial Insurance

Serving the Pacific Northwest for over 70 years 

(503) 227-1771

property & liability

How can I get property or liability insurance?

Click here to start the process.  Complete this form and click submit; we'll contact you shortly if we need additional information.

What is it?

General liability insurance can pay for bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury to a third party caused by an insured. 

Property insurance can pay for damage caused by a covered peril to property you own, rent or occupy.   This can include equipment, buildings, and inventory.  

Who needs it?

Most businesses need liability insurance.  Because businesses interact with other businesses and individuals, there is always some risk of causing damage to others.  

Many businesses will need property insurance to cover buildings and/or business personal property that is owned or that you have a contractual requirement to insure.  Without this insurance, you risk permanently losing property that's critical to your business.

Who pays the premiums?

The business owner pays the premiums.

Anything else I should know?

There are different kinds of liability insurance.  General liability is the most common, but many businesses should also carry professional liability.  General liability is often included in "package policies."  Small businesses may qualify for a Business Owners Policy or "BOP," which is a package of insurance that includes both property and liability coverages.


Some policies are different from what's described here.  Be sure to read and understand your individual insurance policy.


 Articles in this category


There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.

Go to top